June 27, 2009

Invitation Inspiration Platter

Two new platters inspired by the couple’s invitations. I really like doing this type of platter because there is so much variety, and it’s a new challenge for me every time. The tree platter was a BIG challenge, but I think it turned out great. Part of the challenge is the paint. I am starting to work more with color. Black is the easiest, at least I have been working with it the longest. Up until recently, the brown text with flower platter, I only did small text in black. Every color has a different consistency; some are more unpredictable then others. The olive green for example started out very watery and then switched to being very thick and before I finished it was watery again. Luckily, I wrote the text somewhere between the two. The bottle must have not been used for a while and it had separated some. I am hoping not to work with that color very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment